Rookies Guide to Success
* Stay physically fit
* Test as much as possible, practice does make perfect! Testing frequently will allow you to become more relaxed, familiar with the questions, test & interviews. How do you find these tests & interviews? Join a service or contact the hiring agencies directly. Fire Career Assistance can help!
* Join a service like Fire Career Assistance! Use your extra time for studying, education or training. Stop wasting time & effort. Simplify your job search.
* Don't wear earrings, die your hair strange colors or wear pants hanging off . It's Not MTV
* Look like a professional. Take pride in your uniform
* Make friends
* Maintain professional competence
* Don't spout off in public. Let your performance speak for itself
* Go with your natural instinct
* Drive safely & conscientiously
* Don't judge other's actions until you know all the facts
* Go to the bathroom while you have the chance
* Be extremely careful when backing up a vehicle. Use a back up person when possible
* Learn to type & use a computer
* Be empathetic, it could be you
* Leave stress at work
* Longevity doesn't guarantee perfection, even veterans make mistakes.
* Learn new ways to communicate, languages, sign language, etc.
* Don't bring your problems to work
* Become educated
* Respect & learn from seniors
* Be your worst own critic
* Even though most calls are uneventful, don't get to relaxed because the next one might be worse.
* Avoid gossip
* Utilize the Links and information provided on FCA
* Consider each job your first job & remember Fire Career Assistance can help
STAY CURRENT ON THE FIRE & EMS FIELDS
"Know your potential Employer" What are the current developments in the fire industry? Do you know enough about what is going on that you could impress someone offering you a job? If not, find out quickly through online journals, magazines & newsletters. The more information you know about your potential employer, the more confident & prepared you will be when interviews are conducted. Sounding prepared & confident in your abilities are important qualities in this competitive working environment.
START YOUR CAREER SEARCH NOW AT FIRE CAREER ASSISTANCE